This video is from the text "Effective Counseling Skills: the practical wording of therapeutic statements and processes" replacing the "Healing Words" manual as the basis for the Qualifying Examination required for Registered Professional Counsellors (RPC). The new version is available on Amazon and at http://tinyurl.com/yen574x
Anyone meeting our prerequisites may enrol in the online Professional Counselor Training Course http://www.collegemhc.com
Prerequisites: Mature age (18 or over), sincere desire to understand and help yourself and others, reading comprehension and writing composition skills. The course is designed for individuals who may have been away from the traditional classroom for several years.
1. To acquire knowledge and skills in the process of counseling individuals and couples.
2. To increase the students self-awareness of issues and factors contributing to his or her current life and functioning.
1. Completing and understanding the Clinical Assessment; steps for suicide prevention.
2. Skills to begin, deepen, and close the counseling session and the over-all counseling process.
3. Skills to heal grief resulting from different types of loss: death of a loved one, breakup of a relationship, divorce, loss of health, bankruptcy, and others.
4. Skills to help others adopt healthy communication, reduce hostility, solve problems, resolve conflicts, listen with empathy, and speak assertively.
5. Approaches to help couples resolve specific issues: infidelity, household duties, addiction, and others.
Text and Materials:
Effective Counseling Skills: the practical wording of therapeutic statements and processes by Daniel Keeran, MSW (on Amazon included in tuition)
Qualifying Examination for Professional Counseling Practice (sent as a Word .doc file, $500 value included in tuition) from the College of Mental Health Counseling
Clinical Assessment Form (sent as a Word .doc file, included in tuition) from the College of Mental Health Counseling